- Where is the HRD Knowlegdebase?
- Click Here for the KB
- What is a Support Subscription?
- A support subscription gives the user access to all support facilities available for the software. This includes support via e-mail, telephone support, support ticket system, and if necessary direct connect to help you solve problems which may arise with the software. It also includes all updates and patch fixes for the software during the subscription period.
- What happens when my Support Subscription expires?
- At the expiration of your Support Subscription the software DOES NOT stop functioning. The only thing you lose is access to the technical support and updates and patch fixes.
- Can I skip a year or two and then renew my Support Subscription?
- Yes. If you are satisfied with the way your current version of HRD is operating, you can opt NOT to renew your Support Subscription. Later, if a new feature is added that you would like to have, you can renew your subscription at that time for the current renewal price.
- What is the cost to renew my Support Subscription?
- The price of a Subscription renewal is ½ of the current retail price of Ham Radio Deluxe.
- Will my HRD software ever expire and quit working?
- No. When you make your initial purchase of HRD and the first year of support you have purchased a license to use the software for as long as you like. The software will NEVER expire or stop working.
- Is there support available for HRD Version 5.x?
- There is no support available for Version 5.x from the HRD Support Team. You can, however, get help with problems or questions with V5.x on the peer-to-peer HRD Yahoo Users Group
- Will there be any updates available for Version 5.x?
- No. HRD Version 188.8.131.52 was the last 5.x version. This and previous versions are still FREE to download and use. With the release of our first commercial Version 6.0, all development and updates to the FREE versions was discontinued.
- Is there a trial version of HRD that I can try before buying?
- Yes. All released versions of HRD have an automatic 30-day trial period. The trial versions are completely functional in all ways. They do not have anything disabled or limited and gives you the opportunity to try each option to make sure it works for you before you make the investment in the software.
- How do I get my registered copy of HRD once I have purchased it?
- If you already have the Trial version of HRD your activations will be sent to you usually within 24 hours. You just need to install the keys in the License Manager of the Trial version to activate the registered version. Otherwise, you will need to download the Trial version from http://www.hrdsoftwarellc.com/downloads/ and install your keys when you receive them.
- How do I get my keys once I have purchased HRD?
- Once your order is processed you will receive an e-mail with your activation keys. We process the keys manually so it may take up to 24 hours before you receive your keys. If you don’t receive them during that time period, first check your spam or junk mail folder to make sure the e-mail didn’t go into there. If you find you did not receive a key at all, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please be sure you include your call sign and date of purchase and if possible a copy of your receipt with this e-mail.
- Do I need to buy new keys if I change my call sign?
- No. Just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org giving us your old call sign and your new call sign and we will send you new keys for your software.
- Do I need to buy a separate license key for my wife or children who are hams?
- No. As long as they live in your home and operate on your equipment we will provide additional keys for them at no charge.
- Can I operate more than one rig from HRD?
- Yes. Each radio must be on a separate comport and you are only limited by the number of comports you have available on your computer.
- What radios are currently supported by HRD?
- At present, the following radios are supported:
Yaesu: FT-100, FT-450, FT-600, FT-767GX, FT-817, FT-847, FT-857, FT-897, FT-840, FT-890, FT-900, FT-920, FT-950, FT-990, FT-1000D, FT-1000MP MkV, FT-2000, FTDX-9000, FTDX-5000, FTDX-3000
Icom: IC-725, IC-726, IC-728, IC-729, IC-703, IC-706, IC-706 MkII, IC-706 MkIIG, IC-707, IC-735, IC-736, IC-737, IC-738, IC-7400, IC-746, IC-746 Pro, IC-751A, IC-751A (Piexx), IC-761, IC-765, IC-756, IC-756 Pro, IC-756 ProII, IC-756 ProIII, IC-718, IC-775DSP, IC-781, IC-821H, IC-910H, IC-7200, IC-7410, IC-7600, IC-7700, IC-7800, IC-9100, IC-7000, IC-R10, IC-R20, IC-R75, IC-R7000, IC-R8500, IC-R9000, IC-R9500
Kenwood: TS-50S, TS-60S, TS-140S, TS-440S, TS-450S, TS-480, TS-680S, TS-690S, TS-570, TS-590, TS-790, TS-850, TS-870, TS-940S, TS-950, TS-990, TS-2000, TS-B2000, R-5000
Ten Tec: TT-Argonaut, TT-Jupiter, TT-Pegasus, TT-Orion, TT-RX-350, TT-OMNI VII (Radio), TT-OMNI VII (Remote), TT-Eagle
Elecraft: K2, K3, KX3
Other: PCR-1000, NRD-535, SDR-1000, PowerSDR
- What do I do if HRD won’t accept my license key?
- The most common cause of HRD not accepting your license key is something on your system blocking the port used by the License Manager to contact the License Server. The first thing to try it boot your computer in SAFE MODE with NETWORKING. Once in safe mode, bring up HRD. Enter your keys as normal. Once the License Manager has accepted your key, click on CONTINUE at the bottom of the License Manager. Next you should be presented with the Radio Connection screen. At this point, close down HRD and reboot your computer in the normal mode and all should work fine. If you are still having problems contact HRDLLC by e-mail at email@example.com
- How do I know HRD has accepted my keys?
- On the main Rig Control screen select TOOLS > HRD License Manager. When the License Manager comes up check to see if it has your call sign and under “Type” it should show “Subscription” and under the “Expire” header it should show a date a year from the date of purchase.
- I am a blind user. Is there a software on the market that will allow me to use HRD?
- Yes. We recommend that you use Window-Eyes by NanoPac, Inc. The software can be purchased from http://www.nanopac.com/windoweyes.htm
- How many computers can I run HRD on with one key?
- HRD is licensed to your call sign. You can run it on as many computers as you like as long as they are under your control.
- What are the minimum system requirements for HRD V6?
- Minimum system requirements are as follows:
Windows XP/SP3, 1GB RAM, 50GB unused hard drive storage, Pentium 5 (P5) Processor, 1024x768 256 color display.
Windows Vista, 3 GB RAM, 50 GB unused hard drive storage, Pentium 5 (P5) Processor, 1024x768 256 color display
Windows 7 & 8, 4GB RAM, 50GB unused hard drive storage, Dual Core Processor, 1920x1080 Hi-Color display
- Where, on the hard drive, are the files/folders for HRD V6 found?
- Windows Vista, 7 and 8: Executable files are located at: C:\Program Files\HRD Software LLC\Ham Radio Deluxe. Data files are located at: C:\ProgramData\HRDLLC\
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\HRDLLC\
- If I buy the software and don’t like it, can I get my money refunded?
- NO! The reason we offer the 30-day free trial is so you can make sure you like the software before you purchase it. Once a permanent registration key is generated there will be NO refunds for any reason.